Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Bad Dreams


Last night, around 11:00, Grace woke up crying and screaming. It's pretty normal for her to wake up a few times each night but this sounded different. I went in and picked her up, trying to console her. She was crying and would not open her eyes or respond to my questions. It seemed that she was having a bad dream and couldn't wake up. I took her in my room and held her until she calmed...she never opened her eyes. Was it a bad dream? What was it about? Does she dream the same as my other two children? When she dreams, do her nightmares include her physical limitations and her inability to move the way she wants? Will this become a part of her nightmares as she gets older? I know it is part of mine....

5 comments:

Kristina said...

I'm not sure what she dreams about, but just have to say that that photo is absolutely GORGEOUS!

I hope for better sleep nights for Grace!

GreenGirl said...

Our little Claudia has night terrors and what you describe sounds very similar. Our Dr. said that they are relatively common and not to worry too much. Doesn't make the inconsolable crying any easier to deal with. HTH

Anonymous said...

Night terrors are extremely common at this age. Most children do not actually wake up during the event and do not remember them after. It's awful and scary for the parents, but not harmful to the children. Unfortunately, it's likely that all 3 kiddos will have them at some point or another. Hoping for calmer nights sleep!

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

oh how scary. My son Noah has episodes like that. It is so upsetting.

Blessings,
Tami
PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

AZ Chapman said...

wow that sound scary hugs