Friday, July 29, 2011

Day 3 Post Surgery

There wasn't much to report days 1 and 2 after Grace's SDR.  Just lots of sleep and pain management with a little bit of whininess because she couldn't get out of bed and had to lie completely flat.  Pretty much what we were told to expect.  One thing, however I did not expect was the sense of peace that I had about what my daughter had just gone through.  Although peaceful, I did feel a bit uncomfortable about this calmness seeing that I have spent the past few months sleepless, overly fretting causing serious chest pains and in a continual search for validation that a trip to St. Louis would be life changing for my daughter...in a good way.  There were lots of conversations with God and second guessing when Grace's health would fluctuate or she just didn't seem herself.  But as we loaded the van for our journey, I begin to find....well, the only way to describe it...peace.  Pour out your heart like water before the face of the Lord.  Lift your hands toward Him for the life of your young children.  Lamentations 2:19

Now there is no way of knowing whether this has been the best decision of Grace's life on day 3 of post surgery, but I do know as the physical therapist moved Grace's feet and legs in ways that were never possible before, I was near tears and crying out in thanksgiving to our God, who has the ultimate control (how I somehow manage to forget this sometimes if beyond me).  There is so much work ahead of her (and us) but I truly now feel where we had once felt stalled in her progress, we have given Grace a chance to move forward.  A bit stressed about what is involved once we get home but SO excited for the possibilities.  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  Philippians 4:13

ps...wanted to post some cute pics of Grace up and about but can't figure out how to get them from the camera on my iphone to my email to blogger.  sigh

3 comments:

Jack Jack said...

rejoicing (and crying) with you. I love you all so much.

Beating Paths said...

I am so sure that SDR will prove to be a great decision for Grace. Prayers for quick recovery and lots of progress :)

Ellen Stumbo said...

I began following your blog when we first adopted our daughter with CP. Nina had her SDR 3 months ago and it has been incredible! Her body is ready to walk, but her mind is not, so that has been our roadblock. I am so excited to hear this about your daughter :)
And, we have seen imporvement in ALL reas of development! Fine motor, intellectual, and physical. it is trully amazing!