Thursday, March 19, 2009

Better Than Normal

Therapies are expensive. Equipment is expensive. Money is limited.

Children with special needs require special therapies and special equipment. Parents of these children want to give their child every chance in life and don't want money to be a hinderance. We look for anything that gives us hope. Sometimes mothers return to the workforce. This is difficult because of all the time required to attend to your child. Some parents try to grow money trees...mine is not producing. Others of us look for other opportunities working at home to raise the money required. I, for one, am selling Enlyten (ask me if you want to know more about because this post is not really about me). The creative mothers (not me) come up with some really good ideas.

My friend Mel, the mother of Daniel, is making the cutest crowns.  They are adorable and if you have a birthday or any other holiday coming up, these are a must have.  Check out betterthannormal.org to see her stuff.  You will love it and all proceeds go to a very worthy cause...Amazing Daniel.

Mel and I have never met in person, but we are kindred spirits and I hope someday we will.

No comments: