1) friend no longer knows how to relate to SN mom
2) friend hurts SN mom's feelings by saying something about SN child
3) SN mom neglects friendship because is too tired...emotionally and physically
4) friend can't deal with the situation and neglects friendship or simply breaks up with SN mom
5) SN mom hurts friend's feelings about non-SN child
6) SN mom finds it difficult to hang out with non-SN friends
7) SN mom isolates...it can actually get pretty lonely sometimes
8) and others that I have forgotten
I never really participated in these discussions because I didn't think this could really happen to my friendships. Well, the fact of the matter is...things change....1-8 do happen. Now, I'm not blaming any rifts or breaks in friendships on the other party and for the most part I believe my strongest friendships are in tact but some have changed. It's inevitable. I think any life change could affect a friendship.
I want to apologize to all those I have neglected, because I know I have. But no matter what, I'll always love you and I will try my best.
A friend loves at all time.... Prov. 17:17