Thursday, August 16, 2007

All About Me...

Yes, as many of you have pointed out, I have been neglecting my blog! Well, I'm back! Since I last posted I have been to Colorado and New York and in between trips celebrating my trio's 2nd birthday. Can you believe it...they are 2!!! Ok, I'll start from the beginning...

The weekend of August 4 Abe and I traveled to Colorado for a wedding. My wonderful friend Julie got married! While I am ever so happy for her it is a bit bittersweet. She has now moved to Denver and won't be right around the corner from me. I miss her already!! We had a great time in Evergreen...it is beautiful!! Friday night we stayed with one of my best friends from 3rd grade. Shannon and her family live in Denver. They were wonderful hosts and it was so good to catch up. It had been about 5 years since I had seen her!!! After the wedding on Sunday Abe and I went hiking in the Red Rocks which is in between Evergreen and Colorado.

The kids turned 2 on Aug 9. We had a few friends over for burgers and cupcakes. It was a very small get together as we are having a party with the family on Aug 18 in Austin. M, G and S's cousin Aubrey turns 2 this month also so we are having a combined party and there will be more about this and photos later.

Last weekend I met my sister Shelly, my mother and her friend David and our friends Neville and Jerry in NYC. I love New York and I could just walk around and sight see and people watch all day. We went to a Broadway show, shopped and met Abe's sister Rachael and her husband for dinner one night (his summer internship is in NYC). I had a great time. It was all worth the entire day I wasted in the airport after my original flight was canceled. I heart NY!!

I realize this post was all about me. Don't worry there will be many more about the kids to come.

Photo 1: Shannon and me
Photo 2: Abe at the lake in Evergreen. We went walking around the lake and enjoyed the cool weather.
Photo 3: Marcy, Julie (the beautiful bride) and me
Photo 4: Me in the Red Rocks in CO. This area was too cool
Photo 5: Shelly and me on the NY subway




1 comment:

KiddoKare1 said...

Wow! Shannon & Shelly both look great! They've not changed at all-they still look like they did when we were in high school. Tell them both I said Hi. I had Shannon's e-mail address and lost it when I lost all my e-mail addresses a while back.

I loved reading about you! It looks and sounds as if you had a great time.