Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Summer MDO is coming to an end...


and we are all very sad. Well, I don't think the kids are really too concerned but I'm a little sad because tomorrow is the last day of summer MDO. We only have two weeks off until Fall MDO begins but I gotten used to my free Tuesdays and Thursdays. Does that make me a terrible mom? Sometimes I feel like it does but I have to say I mostly feel like it makes me a better mom. I am able to regain my sanity during those times. You see, three 2 year olds are wearing me out!! They have so much energy and are starting to really test how much they can get away with. Sophie has even started the fake temper tantrums. The whining beings, the head goes down and then she dramatically throws herself across the floor. She really needs to work on her routine though because there are absolutely no tears. In the picture above we are decorating the gift bags for the wonderful teachers the kids had at MDO. Have I mentioned how much I love MDO :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I certainly hope sending your kids away for a few hours each week doesn't make you a bad mom, because my nomination for "mom of the year" will be in jeapordy!!! seriously, I know that time away from my two wild men make me a better mom in the end. I love staying home with them and I wouldn't have it any other way, but now and again I need a break...and I think they (especially the older one) need a break from me. We are all better in the end!!! You are a great mom and I admire you very much for your committment to your children! Wish we were closer to hang out more. Keep blogging...I always check for new adventures!!!

Best,
Kelly Lambert

Anonymous said...

Wanting... needing to be away from your children doesn't make you a bad mother... it just makes you human. Your babies are absolutely precious, yet challenging at the same time. You realize your limitations & have given up on being the "perfect" mother. Your willingness to share & your vulnerbility are an encouragement to the other mothers out there who feel the same way, but don't have the courage to say so.

And you still have my vote for Mother of the Year...Decade even! love, Jackie