Friday, February 15, 2008

My Valentine


I'm not a big fan of Valentine's Day. I'm not adamantly opposed or anything, I just think it's a manufactured holiday that some people feel obligated to celebrate...I'd rather just have a random Valentine's Day to be chosen by the loved one. That way there are no expectations and no obligations.

Well, my valentine surprised me. He asked Kat to come watch the kids and planned a night out for us without me even knowing about it. It wasn't Feb 14 but Feb 13...which made it all the better. We hadn't had a date in a very long time. As we left the house, Kathryn said "Ok, you have to stay gone at least 2 hours". And we thought..."no problem". After a very nice dinner at The Porch we decided to try to make a movie. We had missed all the 7:00ish movies and would have to make a 9:00ish movie. That would get us home close to midnight. So after deciding we didn't want to stay out that late we went home and watched American Idol that I had taped. I think we stayed out 1 hour and 45 minutes...we almost made it. We are SO lame.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I'm glad you were able to spend a little time with your "Lova"... Abe is a great guy & obviously has great tastes in a woman as well! He's a good dad to the babies. Love you all, J