Friday, December 18, 2009

Ice Skating Princess

Kat Kat decided she wanted to do something special with each one of the triplets on their own. She took Mack to see the trains at North Park and took Sophie ice skating (Grace gets her trip later). To my surprise, Sophie picked ice skating for her trip. We have never been and I'm not sure how she knows about it but that's what she wanted to do. I was very excited for her but a bit sad...someone else would get to do this with her first. I guess I feel guilty that I don't spend more one-on-one time with each child. Grace gets her one-on-one time through therapies only and the other two just don't get any. I'm so thankful for Kat...we are so blessed to have her in our lives but I really need to start being a better mommy...I need to start spending time alone with each...just how do I do it...I feel I am spread so thin....

Maybe next year




4 comments:

Kat said...

You're an incredible mommy... Mommy's deserve breaks too.

Kristina said...

One on one time is so hard. We try and take 1 Friday night or Sat. afternoon/month and do a one-on-one. Since we only have two children, it makes it a bit easier as each parent takes a kid for the one-on-one and we both do something fun. No worries about eating healthy, getting to bed on time, doing extra therapy. It's all about fun and I think we have just as much fun as the girls do! Maybe you could try and work something in that way - look for one timeslot/month and it's not as overwhelming! As you said there is already too much stuff to do and I think we have to remember to schedule in fun as part of our things to do :-)

Good luck!

CP and Me said...

I know how you feel; it's so hard to get that kind of quality one-on-one time. The girls have an amazing sitter who is often alone with Isabelle or Isabelle and Sam while I take Hannah to one of her many appointments, and while I'm so glad Isabelle has that time with an adult, I so wish it could be with me. We just have to do the best we can and know that our kids know how much we love them, even when we can't always be there for everything.

BusyLizzyMom said...

What an amazing friend Kat is. Sophie looks so grown up on her skates. We have taken Elizabeth skating a few times, it is a bit like taking Bambi on ice but she tolerates it and waits for us to give up and zoom her around on her walker.
To divide yourself in 3 (or 4 if you have a hubby like mine who likes attention) must be impossible and full of guilt.