Sunday, March 2, 2008

Just Some Randomness

My entire family has been sick this week...Abe, the triplets, everyone but me. They all had the stomach flu and it was...well, our house still smells like vomit (ewwww). There was one point where I thought, "If anyone else vomits on me today, I'M GOING TO LOSE MY MIND!!!"

Grace tends to take the "normal childhood illnesses" a little harder than her siblings. The colds last longer, she won't eat anything...it actually gets pretty scary sometimes. I watch the skinny little body just get skinnier, Elmo doesn't make her laugh anyone, we miss therapies. I worry... and worry more. Will this be a setback for her physically? When will she want to walk with her walker again? WHEN WILL SHE EAT AGAIN? When will she laugh again? I know it all sounds overly dramatic, but it all feels like a big deal when you have a child with different needs.

Anyway....Today, I came across an article that someone sent me and wanted to share it. It doesn't have anything to do with vomit but it does speak about learning tolerance and mercy. We all could probably use an extra dose of those things. Check it out here

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Thanks for the reminder that perfection is not happiness. I love you, J

KiddoKare1 said...

Hope that your whole crew is feeling better now.