Monday, June 23, 2008

A Little Art History



I went in to check on the kids during naptime one day last week and this is how I found Sophie. Kathryn has been giving her these very cool board books about famous artist for birthdays and Christmases. Her collection has become quite extensive. I personally love these books and couldn't wait for Sophie to get into them. Well now you also loves them. These are the books she selects to read every time I give her a choice. I will read the commentary about each painting and she will explain the picture to me. If you don't have these for your kids, I highly recommend them. So far we have Monet, Picasso, Seraut, Van Gogh, Matisse and others (I think we have about 12 so far).

4 comments:

Jen said...

I love that she has her crocs on during naptime.

Jackie said...

She wears her crocs ALL the time! Won't take them off. It was pretty cute last Saturday @ the pool... Sophie & Mack with their crocs on IN THE WATER!

As far as the books go, I was sitting in the floor with Gracie last week and Sophie brought me each book - one at a time - to read. She would bring the book, sit down, read it and then get up and go get a new one. She LOVES them!

Anonymous said...

They are very smart children and
very cultural.
Love,
Ni

The Mapleheads said...

What wonderful books and how fantastic Sophie loves them so much. I think books often provide us a glimipse into the way a child looks at the world, and puts things in order to make sense to them. How I wish we all could keep that perspective as we age!
DeeDee