Friday, May 4, 2007

Kathryn




We are in mourning at the Lieck household. Kathryn is graduating from college and started a full-time job this week. We really are happy for her on both occasions but selfishly we are sad for us. It's just that our time with her is now limited...no more afternoon snacks at Gloria's.

We first met Kathryn in November 2005. The triplets had just come home after a 3 month stay in the NICU and I was FREAKING out!!! Mack came home on oxygen and we had been and were going to deal with so many medical issues with all three. My good friend Jackie calls one afternoon to check in and I begin to melt-down on the phone. Jackie, the Fixer as we like to call her, tells me about her daughter Kathryn. A few days later, there she is on our front porch...our angel. Before you begin to think I'm being overly dramatic, Kathryn has been with us at least 3 days a week, every week, for the past year and a half. We were recently talking about those first 6 months where we sat on the sofa all day feeding babies. They ate every 3 hours. They ate so slowly that by the time we were finished it was time to get ready to fed again (or at least it felt like it).
She knows my babies better than anyone other than Abe and me. She loves Mack, Grace and Sophie so much and they love her. She was also someone for me to talk with during the long days. She was not only our baby sitter but also became my friend and has kept me out of the loony bin :)

The first photo above was taken the first day we met her in November 2005. Every few months we would take a picture of her and the trio on our sofa with each baby in the same spot. The second photo was take May 3, 2007 and the last photo just shows how it has become more difficult to get good photos :)

We are so thankful that God has put Kathryn in our lives and she will always be part of our family. We love you Kathryn!!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Angel? you bet. She is my angel & I'm so blessed.

Love, "the fixer"