Monday, January 21, 2008

Jack Jack






Sometimes I think "How in the world have we gotten through the past 3 years?"

With a lot of help and a lot of love. We have been so blessed with some very special people in our lives. From the moment I went into the hospital at 20 weeks pregnant with the triplets to the present, we have been flooded with prayers, love and lots of hands on help. I've already talked about Kathryn and how she came into our lives. She was introduced to us by her wonderful mother, Jackie. They have both been a huge part of our lives over the past 3 years and we wouldn't have survived without them...and I mean that!

Jackie and I had met through our church. We weren't close friends, I was actually kind of scared of her ;) We saw each other occasionally at church events. However, when I was admitted to the hospital it was Jackie who brought a DVD player to the hospital and when I came home from the hospital, it was Jackie that brought those yummy meals and when the babies came home, it was Jackie that helped save my sanity. I'll never forget when I broke down on the phone crying about being too overwhelmed and that I needed a break and there was a MDO program at someplace that I couldn't remember (I could only remember part of the name, I was a bit hysterical). Well, Jackie found the place, picked up an application and got the process started. She was also the one who found our PT. When I'm feeling overwhelmed it's always Jackie who shows up at my door and orders me to leave the house and go to Starbucks.

My kids love and adore their Jack Jack. She manages with her busy schedule to come see them at least three times a week. She will take Grace for a walk in her walker, she will wrestle with Mack and well...handle Sophie like only she can. She helps me feed and bathe the kids on the evenings.

Jackie is the kind of person who can keep you laughing with her wicked humor and bring you to tears with her love for God and his people. Even though she won't admit it...she really cares. She loves us well. Thank you so much!!

We love you Jack Jack!!

Beloved let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. 1 John 4:7

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all need a Jack Jack in our lives. A blessing for sure.

Love you.
Marcy

Jackie said...

Thanks Jacolyn - it's been my pleasure. I don't know how I would have made it thru the last 3 years without my precious Macaroni, Gracie Macy & Sophia Maria Isabella Anne... I love them so.

JJ